Every business owner knows high foot traffic equals higher sales. While this is admittedly not the easiest feat to accomplish, there are still plenty of ways you can increase foot traffic to your store. Here’s a compilation of some top tips to help you out.
Consider Installing an ATM
In this current cashless society, it’s not uncommon for people to need cash in a hurry and not have it on them. If you don’t already have an ATM at your store, consider installing one.
Not only will it be a service to your potential customers and draw them in, but you can also charge a surcharge for using it, which can generate additional revenue for your business.
Plus, getting an ATM installed doesn’t have to be a hassle. You could opt for a turnkey atm program where the service provider manages everything, from installation to maintenance.
Here are tips for getting the most out of your ATM:
- Put it in a visible spot like near the entrance of your store so people will easily find it.
- In addition to dispensing cash, your ATM can also provide other services like balance inquiries, check to cash, and even bill payments.
- Let your potential customers know you have an ATM on-site by promoting it on your store’s website and social media channels, as well as through signage in and around your store.
Host In-Store Events
Another great way to increase foot traffic to your store is by hosting events. This could be anything from a book signing or a meet-and-greet with a local celebrity to a fashion show or a cooking demonstration.
Not only will events give potential customers a reason to visit your store, but it’s also a great way to build brand awareness and loyalty among your existing customer base.
When planning an event, keep the following tips in mind:
- Choose an event that’s relevant to your brand and would be of interest to your target audience.
- Make sure you promote your event well in advance so people have time to clear their schedules and make it a priority.
- After the event, follow up with your guests and thank them for attending.
Offer In-Store Pickup or Delivery
In today’s busy world, people are always looking for ways to save time. If you offer in-store pickup or delivery, you’ll be giving potential customers one less reason to shop elsewhere.
When offering in-store pickup or delivery, keep the following tips in mind:
- Make sure your employees are trained to properly handle customer orders
- Ensure that your inventory is well-stocked and up-to-date
- Offer a competitive pricing structure
Participate in Local Events
From block parties to farmers’ markets, there are always local events happening that you can participate in.
Not only will this get your store’s name out there, but it’s a great way to build relationships with other businesses and members of the community.
When participating in local events and festivals, keep the following tips in mind:
- Make sure your booth or table is well-designed and inviting
- Have plenty of business cards and promotional materials on hand
- Staff your booth with friendly and knowledgeable employees
There are many things you can do to increase foot traffic. By getting involved in your community, offering top-notch delivery services, and having atm services, you can make your store the go-to destination for shoppers.